I’ve been battling this pattern for a long time. I think I frogged this blanket 5 times before I was able to cast-on and see it through to the end. I learned a few things from my frogging:
1. Make sure to check for errata…I made mistakes because there was an error in the pattern that was corrected in the comments.
2. Do not take a project that is a challenge out and about. You will make mistakes.
3. When casting on SO MANY stitches, learn a technique other than the long-tail. I ended up casting on most of it long-tail, and when I ran out of yarn, casting on a different way (nope, don’t know what it’s called, used a youtube vid)
I knew I needed to really concentrate when I worked on this afghan, so I saved it for the (inevitable) period of time when I would be waiting and waiting and waiting to have a baby. I started it about a week before she was born. I worked on it while watching Downton Abbey with my Mom, and then learned to knit while nursing…and that’s how I finished it so quickly!
I am happy with all of it but the edge of my bind-off. I am certain I made a mistake, though I tried really hard to understand the instructions. It’s not AWFUL, just not perfect…but then…NOTHING I make is…so it’s ok!
In other news, I can’t remember the last time I washed my hair, I dreamt last night that I had 5 inch armpit hair and my newborn refuses to nap longer than 15 minutes unless in the car, in her moby, or snuggled close to any (she’s not picky) human being.